What is Remote Applications?
Remote Applications with Wrinkle Free I.T. allows you to run programs remotely through Remote Desktop Services and appear as if they are running on the end user’s local computer. These programs are called Remote Applications. Instead of the program being shown to the user inside the desktop window of the Remote Desktop session, the Remote Application is integrated with the client’s desktop. The Remote Applications runs in its own re-sizable pop up window, can be dragged between numerous monitors and has its own entry in the task bar. If the user is running multiple Remote Applications on the same Remote Desktop session, the Remote Application program will share the same Remote Desktop service session.
Why use Wrinkle Free I.T. Remote App?
Remote Application can cut complexity and reduce administrative overhead in many situations, including the following:
- Branch offices, where there may be limited or no local IT support & limited network bandwidth.
- Situations where you may need to access programs remotely.
- Use of line-of-business (LOB) programs, especially custom LOB programs.
- Environments, such as “hot desk” or “hoteling” work spaces, where users do not have assigned computers.
- Use of numerous versions of a program, in particular if installing multiple versions locally would cause problems.
For more information about Remote Applications call or email Wrinkle Free I.T. now!